After a month and a half of crazy travel I thought a travel OOTD post is a must on the blog. Also, this past month inspired me to make this a ‘how to’ post for you guys. Here is a list of some travel in style tips..
1. Comfort: Comfort is the key to confidence. I love wearing comfortable clothes when I travel. It makes travelling easy. I love travelling in my distress jeans, track pants, over-sized tees and jumpsuits.
2. Layering: Layer your outfit with a shrug, jacket, blazer or a scarf to add a little structure to the otherwise lose silhouette. It gives you a polished look + saves you from the chill of AC in the flight.
3. Shoes: Boots, I love wearing them whenever I travel. Ankle length, thigh high or combat, boots, are always a good idea for keeping the style quotient high, balancing comfort at the same time. But the only down-side is that you have to remove them during security check, so make sure that you wear socks.
4. Accessories: Keeping it simple and clean is the key to style and comfort. I always keep it simple with just a pair of sunglasses, a piece of jewellery and watch. But best is to just stick to those pieces that you wear everyday, like a ring or a necklace that you can’t leave the house without. we all have that one piece of jewellery, don’t we?
5. Bag(s): Make a point to carry a bag that can hold all your travel essentials. I am someone who likes to carry the world around in my hand-bag. If you are like me, carry 2 bags. A big one for all the knick-knacks, toiletry pouches,etc., and a smaller one to keep stuff that you want handy like money, tickets,chap-stick, sanitizer etc.,.
6. Face: Keep you face clean and moisturised while travelling, because AC in the flight is going to suck all the moisture and dehydrate your skin and lips. So, keep a moisturiser and chap-stick handy. I prefer No make-up when I travel, but this is totally subjective. I just throw big-sunnies on to hide my puffy eyes or dark circles.
I am wearing:
Black n White Jumpsuit c/o Nobel Faith Clothing
Boots c/o Clarks India
Bags : Forever 21
Leather Jacket : ONLY India
Chain : MAWI for KOOVS
P.S.- Read my last post featuring Nobel Faith Clothing HERE
Photography credits: Surbhi Suri of TheFashionFlite